Road Runner Sports - GREAT DEALS!

11% Off RRS Gear Plus Free Shipping_468x60

Thursday, January 3, 2013

So Far For 2013

Goals and aspirations for 2013.  When surfing the web, it all looks good and definately do-able, especially when the goal is so far away.  Time ticks on and on and soon it's a week before the event.  You're not a quitter.  You signed yourself up for this and now you're going to do it.

What did this ambitious, logic lacking runner get herself into so far for 2013?  Take a look.

The Goofy Race and a Half Challenge:  Half marathon on January 12, 2013 and Full marathon on January 13, 2013.  It was on my bucket list and since I'm turning a BIG BIRTHDAY corner this year, decided to sign up.  My birthday is in January, perfect right?   The husband decided he would try his first HALF marathon and signed up for Saturday's race with me.  What fun!  Well....I'll let you know how much fun after it's over.   Training for this challenge was not fun.  I've run back to back runs every weekend and my body doesn't like it.  I kept my mileage in the 40 range for weekly totals with only one 20 miler.  Like I said, I'll let you know how it goes.

Miscellaneous "Most Likely" events:   March 2nd, Utica's Heart Run, 30K.  April 6th, Fort2Fort 10K.  July 14th, Utica Boilermaker 15K.

Boston Marathon:  Yes, I'm going for it again.  The first year was perfect weather and for my first Boston, I ran a pretty good race.  The second year was smokin' and I don't mean the way I ran, I mean the heat.  It was hot and long, very, very long.  So here we go again for the third year.  My favorite marathon and I hope it's good to me in 2013. 

Flying Pig:  The Cinncinati Flying Pig Marathon. The husband will go for his second half marathon and I'll go for another one off the bucket list.  The Flying Pig was actually the marathon I had my eye on as a first then someone told me it was a bit hilly for a first marathon so I've put it off.  Finally, in 2013, I'll tackle that pig and see if I can make it squeal.

And then there is the fall.  You have to love those fall marathons. I'm not sure which one ...or TWO yet, but I have my eye on a few.  If that bucket list comes back into play you'll see me at the Marine Corp. Marathon or maybe Chicago.  A few others that may have to wait until another time are ING New York City, CIM, and Portland. 

What are your 2013 race plans?  If you have any MUST RUN suggestions for me, please email or comment. 


For more, go to www.applecrumbles.com

No comments: